Office Assistant - Fairgrounds
Job Title: Office Assistant (32 Hours Weekly)
Reports To: Fairgrounds Manager
Salary Grade: 107/10 $17.36 Hourly
All applications must be submitted through the link provided below:
I. Job Purpose:
Under the general supervision of the Manager, the assistant performs general receptionist, secretarial, bookkeeping and scheduling duties for the Fairgrounds
• Number of Employees Reporting to This Position: 0
II. Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Manage the Fairgrounds office, including general reception and clerical functions.
• Collect, distribute, and respond to mail received as appropriate.
• Must answer the telephone and in-person questions in a professional and polite manner
• Maintain a calendar of events for each fairgrounds facility
• Prepare scheduling, event bookings, promotions and event/service contracts.
• Perform basic bookkeeping and accounting, including invoicing, receipting, cash
-handling, daily deposits, data entry, reconciliation and balancing, budget preparation and monitoring, and preparing billing and expense claims.
• Act as Fair Board secretary, which includes taking, transcribing and filing meeting minutes
• Prepare monthly reports in a timely, reliable and comprehensive manner
• Participate in community activities that actively promote the fairgrounds
III. Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Must demonstrate a willingness and ability to work with all members of the Fair Board, Crook County employees, and various volunteers
• Knowledge of clerical and office procedures and methods.
• Proficiency using computer applications including Word, Excel, Outlook. And QuickBooks
• Knowledge of general office machines and functions including: calculators, multiline phones, fax machine, copier, data entry, arithmetic operations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to gather, organize and manipulate data
• Ability to effectively communicate and work with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to effectively communicate with the public in order to address public complaints and concerns.
• Ability to maintain a clean work environment
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time during the course of the workday
• Education: High School Graduate or equivalent
• Experience: One year in administration, with agriculture administration preferred.
• Valid Oregon Driver's License.
• Prior to or on date of hire:
o Able to complete a thorough employment and/or criminal history check.
o Able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test (not required for all positions).
o Final candidates will be required to provide official proof of college degree and certified transcripts (not required for all positions).
V. Position Details:
• The duties outlined in this job description are not all inclusive and additional duties and tasks will be assigned as required.
• This position is ‘at-will’, and either Crook County or the employee may terminate the relationship at any time with or without cause.
• Work location is Crook County Fairgrounds
• Fair Labor Standards Classification: Non-Exempt
• Crook County is an equal opportunity employer