Reports To: IT Director
Salary Grade: 122 / 1-5 $25.89 - $29.15
All applications must be received through the link provided below.
Under the direction of the IT Director, this position will ensure quality and responsive IT services through ongoing technical design, planning, implementation, preventative maintenance, assessment, and proactive monitoring. The System Administrator will ensure that the County’s technology investments support our community efficiently. The position’s purpose is to support adherence to best practices and proven methodologies to promote continuous information operations and the integration of new services and technology. The System Administrator is responsible for mission critical services requiring IT environment stability, reliability, and security. The individual in this position must have the ability to apply subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. The exercise of independent judgment to determine appropriate action in a complex IT environment is required. The System Administrator position entails significant responsibility of the continuity of County processes.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Responsible for daily operation and administration of domain controllers, file servers, DNS servers, DHCP servers, proxy servers, email servers, print servers, IIS, and all other application servers.
2. Responsible for the daily operation of all networking equipment within the WAN and LAN systems employed by the County.
3. Assist with configuration, testing and implementation of new server applications.
4. Apply appropriate patches, service packs, application software and updates to the servers.
5. Administer server policies and provide user account administration and security.
6. Create, edit, and implement group policies.
7. Implement file share resources safely as required by County job functions.
8. Monitor and report server infrastructure capacity and performance.
9. Assist in server hardware troubleshooting and maintenance support.
10. Support common storage technologies such as storage area networks (SAN), direct attached storage, and networked attached storage.
11. Maintain and support a comprehensive backup strategy.
12. Build, install and configure servers for virtual and physical systems
13. Administration of hypervisor technologies.
14. Administration of common networking protocols and applications.
15. Manage users, groups, roles and access permissions in Microsoft Active Directory.
16. Create, edit, and administer automated processes for IT environment management.
17. Install, configure and manage Microsoft, Linux, and Unix server operating systems (physical and virtual).
18. Application of compliance management controls in support of CJIS, IRS, OCSE, HIPAA, and PCI compliance.
19. Exchange and Office 365 administration and database management.
20. SQL Server administration
21. Phone systems management.
22. Assist with disaster recovery and business continuity planning and implementation efforts.
23. Maintain comprehensive system and network documentation for management reporting and status evaluation.
24. Other related duties as assigned.
1. Problem Solving/Analysis.
2. Technical Capacity.
3. Communication Proficiency.
4. Time Management.
5. Ethical Conduct.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are determined by the IT Director depending upon the needs of the IT Department. Some nights and weekends may be required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, business, or other technology discipline, or a combination of education and experience that will enable performance of the full scope of the position.
• Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible roles supporting systems in a medium-scale, multi-user, multi-application, multi-server environment.
• Strong Experience with infrastructure environments (e.g. operating system, hardware, data center, security, network, voice, end user and server / web related applications).
• System Administration experience with Microsoft servers and networking is required.
• Knowledge and experience with switches, firewalls, phone systems, Microsoft Office 365, Exchange, wireless systems, automation tools, backup solutions, monitoring solutions, project management, disaster recovery, NIST standards, UNIX, SQL, AD, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, and storage systems is required for the position.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Experience in a city, county, state, or federal government environment is preferred.
• Experience with business Information Technology applications (e.g. GIS, EMR, EHR, HR, and Finance) is preferred.
• Industry-recognized certifications in applicable technologies is preferred.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
• Able to complete a thorough employment and/or criminal history check.
• Final candidates will be required to provide official proof of college degree and certified transcripts (not required for all positions).
Safety Sensitive Requirements
• This position is considered to be a safety sensitive position
• This position is ‘at-will’, and either Crook County or the employee may terminate the relationship at any time with or without cause.
• Crook County is an equal opportunity employer
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.