Reports To: County Court
Salary Range: $81,868 - $91,249
All applications must be received through link provided below
Under the direction of the County Court, the Facilities Director is responsible for managing a team of maintenance professionals in the proper preventative care and repair of all County buildings, their corresponding systems, and ensuring all buildings and facilities meet state, local, and national safety codes. The Manager acts in a timely and proactive manner prioritizing and responding to work orders while maintaining cost effectiveness. The Director will oversee a budget, which includes allocating expenses and workers in the most efficient and effective way. The Director will have extensive subject matter expertise and a robust knowledge of best practices for the management, updating / improving, and upkeep of County facilities, and the instruction and training of their team members. The Director will serve internal clients/departments with pressing and often critical services and as such, must meet a high level of customer service demands.
Essential Job Functions
The Maintenance / Facilities Manager will play a critical role in the facilitation, planning, and management of the County’s workspace needs assessments; developing strategies for the efficient, timely, and cost-effective rollout; and transitioning of employees from their current to future County work locations. The Manager will also be responsible for ensuring the maintenance and effective performance of County-owned buildings to maximize their longevity, the efficiency of their operations, and to promote the effective use of available workspaces.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Technical Capacity: Extensive knowledge of building and equipment repair; including, but not limited to electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems, and the reading of blueprints and technical diagrams.
2. Purchasing, vendor negotiation, and contracting
3. Staff management and development
4. Critical thinking and problem solving
5. Teamwork and collaboration
6. Time management, project forecasting, and scheduling
7. Written and verbal communication proficiency
8. Adaptive mindset; able to work with flexible and unknown schedules
9. Ethical conduct
11. Microsoft Office Suite
12. Ability to make professional public presentations
13. Ability to work collaboratively with management and subordinates.
14. Ability to work within reasonable time deadlines.
Employee Management Responsibility
This position has management and development responsibilities over 5+ employees, including succession planning and performance reviews.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing, lifting, and carrying may be required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, lift, use hands to handle, operate, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, twist, and bend.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Occasional travel is expected.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelors in a business-related field + a minimum of 7 years relative maintenance/construction experience and 3 years management experience
• 10 years relative maintenance/construction experience and 3 years management experience
Additional Eligibility Requirements
• Able to complete/pass a thorough employment and/or criminal history check.
• Final candidates will be required to provide official proof of college degree and certified transcripts (not required for all positions).
Safety Sensitive Requirements
• This position is considered to be a safety sensitive position, requiring initial drug screening and ongoing random drug screening.
• This position is ‘at-will’, and either Crook County or the employee may terminate the relationship at any time with or without cause.
• Crook County is an equal opportunity employer
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.