Administrative Clerk - WIC
Department: Health Department
Reports To: Clinical Nursing Supervisor
Salary Grade: 111 / 1-6 $15.79 - $18.23 Hourly
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECIEVED THROUGHT THE LINK PROVIDED BELOW
As a member of the Family Health Services group and under the general supervision of the Clinical Nursing Supervisor, this classification provides the following duties in support of the department-wide mission to …provide fair opportunity for those in our community to achieve their full health potential:
- clerical support for the Women Infant Children (WIC) program and Crook County Health Department
- greets clients, makes appointments, notifies clients when scheduled, and
- general front office clerical work.
This position may be responsible for organizing data and generating standardized reports.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Perform duties required to enter data into computer through various Electronic Health Record systems
· Locate Electronic Health Record (EHR) charts and review for needed information
· Update information in computer through EHR and texts
· Send out reminders/call for reminders
· Have paperwork ready for client for clinic visit
Perform Duties Required for Client Reception
· Interview and create new client in OCHIN during initial visit
· Interview client to complete needed paperwork
· Provide client information regarding their visit
· Have paperwork ready for nurse
· Immediately schedule Emergency Contraceptive Pill appointments for clients
Perform Duties Required for WIC Reception
· Complete all required WIC trainings for reception
· WIC Check-in
· WIC Transfers as needed
· Additional WIC duties as assigned by Supervisor
· Explain how to use WIC
· Run necessary reports for WIC
· Notify via text, call, mail upcoming appointments
Perform Duties Required for General Reception
· Answer phones, make appointments and route calls
· Greet and check-in clients for clinics
· Assist clients with paperwork
Perform General Office Duties
· Lock medical records room when closing for the day
· Log on and off all computer systems
· Process incoming and outgoing mail
· Mail reminders or call clients/text clients
· Maintain fax and copier paper supply
· Balance cash register, lock money in the safe
· Keep statistics and complete needed reports to the state
· Order all necessary forms from state. Make forms in clinic as necessary
· Assist coordinator with any needed outreach
· Filing and typing as needed
· Cross train in all public health programs
· Referral and information resource for general public
· Make appointments as needed
Program Specific Duties
· Learn immunization schedule for forecasting
· Reproductive Health and Immunization Program Clerk
· Forecast immunizations on state computer (ALERT system).
· WIC Education to clients
· Training in IS100, 200, 700, 800 and additional classes as needed
· Participate in the Public Health Accreditation process, Quality Improvement, and performance management
· Staff Meeting notes and documentation into shared drive
· Texting service for appointment reminders and other communication as needed
· Vital Records – Deputy Registrar
- Technical Capacity
- Business Skills
- Financial Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Work Independently
- Time Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Ethical Conduct
- Knowledge of Public Health Rules
- Knowledge of Community Resources
12. Ability and skill in working with the public
13. Ability and skill to contribute to a positive work environment.
14. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
15. Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary in a public health emergency and travel when required.
16. Trained in Incident command Functions.
17. Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel to outlying clinics (Mitchell) quarterly during business hours and any required state trainings.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates Degree or equivalent (2 years) medical reception or billing experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in general office practice, including electronic health record, computer data entry and customer service.
- Valid CPR card or ability to obtain
- Oregon Driver’s License
Preferred Education and Experience
- Applied knowledge of EPIC (Electronic Health Record) computer system
- 1 year experience working with WIC
- 1 year experience working in public health or social service systems
- 4+ years’ experience in general office practice, including electronic health record, computer data entry and customer service.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Able to complete a thorough employment and/or criminal history check.
- Able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test (not required for all positions).
- Final candidates will be required to provide official proof of college degree and certified transcripts (not required for all positions).
Safety Sensitive Requirements
- This position is considered to be a safety sensitive position and candidate must successfully pass a pre-employment drug test.
- This position is ‘at-will’, and either Crook County or the employee may terminate the relationship at any time with or without cause.
- Crook County is an equal opportunity employer
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.