Fairgrounds Facilities Coordinator
Reports to: Fairgrounds Manager
Salary range: $16.96 - $17.99
Under the supervision of the Fairgrounds Manager, the Facilities Coordinator shall be responsible for oversight of all facilities at the Crook County Fairgrounds. This position performs assigned tasks involving but not limited to the care and maintenance of fairgrounds facilities, and reports weekly to management on projects and need status.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, and the general public.
- Performs basic maintenance including assisting with minor building repairs and painting.
- Adheres to County, State and Federal fire and safety procedures of the facilities.
- Performs custodial duties for fairgrounds and buildings, including garbage collection, sweeping, mopping, and cleaning common areas, and restrooms.
- Assists in maintaining and preparing arenas for horse shows, races and other events.
- Cleans livestock pens; may assist in building or set up of animal pens, portable stalls and grandstands in preparation for the annual County fair.
- Performs grounds maintenance to include mowing lawns, weeding, pruning trees and shrubs, and planting and maintaining flower beds.
- Performs set-up take-down of main parking area, concert setup and custodial duties for events; this includes managing incoming and outgoing traffic in parking areas.
- Operation of power driven equipment and hand tools.
- Conduct periodic site inspections and report on maintenance needs and safety concerns, to be included for budget purposes.
- With direction from management, set staffing schedules, including grounds maintenance, building up-keep and repairs.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality, seamless customer service.
- Implement vehicle maintenance, schedule and reports.
- Manage and/or coordinate construction/installation activities on assigned projects.
- Prepare and maintain status reports on projects.
- Monitor project expenditures.
- Manage inventory: including but not limited to; custodial products, fuel, lawn care products, livestock panels, kitchen facilities.
- Maintains and updates records; utilizing as building drawings, construction project documents and shop drawings.
- Must be able to perform general labor functions with demonstrated ability to operate equipment including loaders, tractors, forklifts and general maintenance equipment.
- Decision Making
- Time Management.
- Must be able to speak, read and write fluently
- Must be able to work and think independently
- Must successfully work with outside contractors and public.
- Must be able to calmly reach in emergency situations.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position will work primarily outdoors and will be subject to inclement weather conditions. This position will come into contact with users of the fairgrounds, which could include dealing with agitated or upset people. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position and hours are variable. Must be willing to work evening and weekends during peak event schedules.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must have experience operating equipment including but not limited to loaders, tractors, forklifts and general maintenance equipment.
- Able to complete a thorough employment and/or criminal history check and drug screen
- Must be able to report to the Fairgrounds within approximately 30 minutes in case of emergency call- in, when needed.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Valid CDL for the State of Oregon or ability to obtain.
Safety Sensitive Requirements
- This position is considered to be a safety sensitive position.
- This position is ‘at-will’, and either Crook County or the employee may terminate the relationship at any time with or without cause.
- Crook County is an equal opportunity employer
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.