IT User Support Technician (Temporary)
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Technology Directory
Classification: Non-Exempt, Temporary
Salary Grade: $15.50 - $16.00
All Applications must be submitted through the link provided above
Under general supervision of the IT Director this position will be responsible for first and second lines of technical support for all County departments. This position will operate within the IT Service Operation part of the Service Desk Lifecycle. The first line of support is the service desk. The Service Desk is the key to the implementation of the request fulfillment and incident management processes. As the first line of support the service desk is involved in the Incident management process. Once end users contact the service the service desk should attempt to collect as much information and diagnostics about the incident as possible. This will reduce resolution time for all minor incidents and first-contact resolutions consequently increasing end user satisfaction. If First-Line Support is not able to resolve the incident right away the incident will be triaged to the Second-Line Support. Second-Line Support of incident management is a role requiring greater technical skills than those of First-Line. This role is directly involved in incident diagnosis and resolution. In addition to these roles the Desktop Technician will support and maintain end user computer systems, desktops, mobile, and peripherals through the County. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all software, hardware, and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. This position will work closely with the Information Technology Director and will be expected to perform other duties as needed.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have ability to form and build good working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, and the general public.
- Keeps current with trends and developments related to essential job competencies.
- VOIP telephone client configuration, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Proficient in supporting and configuring Windows 10 operating systems.
- Trained in Microsoft active directory (AD).
- Manages incidents and communications through service desk ticketing system.
- Performs diagnostics with user to collect information about problem to determine source of error.
- Analyzes and corrects problems using documented procedures, tools, and skill set.
- Contacts software and hardware vendors as needed for solutions.
- Well versed in supporting a variety of desktop peripheral devices.
- Able to configure a wide range of hardware and software.
- Excels in troubleshooting software and hardware problems.
- Participates in creation and maintenance of IT standards and procedures.
- Assists with developing and improving IT efficiency and customer service rating.
- Assists the IT Director in managing the County’s system images and 250+ computers, laptops, printers, peripheral devices.
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Work Independently
- Time Management
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a temporary position. Days and hours of work required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree in any field.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience working in an IT support roll providing customer service, in a Microsoft environment.
- Associates Degree in a computer science or technology related field.
- 1-3 year(s) experience working in an IT support role.
- Able to complete a thorough employment and/or criminal history check.
- Able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test (not required for all positions).
- Final candidates will be required to provide official proof of college degree and certified transcripts (not required for all positions).
Preferred Education and Experience
Additional Eligibility Requirements
Safety Sensitive Requirements
- This position is not considered to be a safety sensitive position.
- This position is ‘at-will’, and either Crook County or the employee may terminate the relationship at any time with or without cause.
- Crook County is an equal opportunity employer
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.