Patient Accounts Tech
Department: Health Department
Reports To: Director of Health and Human Services
Salary Grade: 116 / 1-5 $19.75 - $22.23 Hourly
All applications must be submitted through the link provided below:
As a member of the Administrative Services group and under the limited supervision of the Director of Health and Human Services, this position provides the following duties in support of the department-wide mission to provide fair opportunity for those in our community to achieve their full health potential:
• OCHIN/EPIC Site Specialist/Electronic Health Record (EHR) Support Analyst
• Vital Records Registrar
• Billing support
This position may be responsible for organizing data and generating standardized reports. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload; and to recommend changes in office practices or procedures. Knowledge is needed of medical terminology, public health rules, community resources, vital records laws, and contracting requirements.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Build and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, and the public
• Perform duties required to enter data into computer through various Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems
• Update information in computer through EHR
• Run reports and initiate corrective action as necessary to ensure accuracy and completeness of administrative information
• Keep statistics and complete needed reports to the state
• Provide referral and information resources to the public
• Participate in the Public Health Accreditation process, QI, and performance management
• Serve as Crook County Vital Records Registrar
• Process birth and death certificates in OVERS
• Report death information sent to the County Clerk’s office
Insurance and Billing Support
• Contracting with insurance providers
• Coding support
• Process and post patient self-payments
• Credentialing of providers
• Assist in the development of annual budget
• Monitor professional licenses
Site Specialist for the EHR (Electronic Health Record) system OCHIN/EPIC
• Maintain and make sure the system is working correctly
• Attend weekly and monthly meetings surrounding changes and updates
• Implement all changes and upgrades to the system
• Assist in development of new EHR builds for department and jail system
• Train all staff on changes and upgrades to the system
• Monitor the system for errors and follow-up with nurses for completion of quality assurance requirements
• Complete all User acceptance testing for new EPIC updates
• Other duties assigned
• Assist with front desk coverage as needed
• Train in and support Medicaid Match implementation
• Required to completed FEMA Incident Command classes
1. Technical Capacity
2. Financial Management
4. Communication Proficiency
5. Work Independently
6. Time Management
7. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
8. Ethical Conduct
1. Timely response to organization-wide initiatives and requirements (i.e. policy compliance, workforce surveys, training documentation)
2. Contribution to a minimum of one organization-wide initiative per year (i.e. Quality Improvement processes, reaccreditation, annual staff training implementation, department-wide meetings, et cetera)
3. Timely submission of reporting requirements for each assigned program area, including Operational Plan outcomes recorded in VMSG database
4. Timely compliance with State and Federal reporting guidelines
5. Engagement in department grant writing and maintenance processes
6. Utilization of Basecamp project management software to support department-wide initiatives including website and social media communications
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with occasional evenings and weekends during public health emergencies and for training or outreach purposes.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
• Associates Degree or equivalent (2 years) medical reception or billing experience
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a general office practice, electronic health record, computer data entry and customer service field
• Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the job
Preferred Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or related field
• Knowledge of EPIC (Electronic Health Record) computer system
• Experience working in public health or social service system
Additional Eligibility Requirements
• Able to complete a thorough employment and/or criminal history check.
• Able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test (not required for all positions).
• Final candidates will be required to provide official proof of college degree and certified transcripts (not required for all positions).
Safety Sensitive Requirements
• This position is considered to be a safety sensitive position subject to drug screen(s) and adherence to all vaccine/immunity requirements for the healthcare setting.
• This position is ‘at-will’, and either Crook County or the employee may terminate the relationship at any time with or without cause.
• Crook County is an equal opportunity employer
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.