Health Finance & Grants Manager
Department: Crook County Health Department
Reports To: Director of Health and Human Services
Salary Grade: $44,033 - $50,772 Annually
All applications must be submitted through the link provided below:
The primary duties of this position are to oversee the fiscal and administrative operations of the department, under the guidance and general supervision of the Health & Human Services Director. The position performs fiscal duties such as reports, preparing payroll, accounts payable and assisting with budgetary processes. This position also performs general office duties and assists the director as needed in support of the department-wide mission to…provide fair opportunity for those in our community to achieve their full health potential.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Fiscal processes and reporting
- Interpret state and federal rules and regulations for use of funds
- Track various grant monies, assuring correct utilization of funding
- Prepare expenditure reports as required by grant programs
- Prepare bi-monthly time sheets for finance
- Oversee and record all vacation, sick and comp time of two days or less in absence of administrator or following approval by administrator
- Prepare treasurer reports and accounts payable
- Develop and coordinate completion of the Annual Grantee Performance Report (as applicable) and Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards (SEFA)
- Monitor accounts payable and receivable on a monthly basis
- Perform general office duties as needed
- Prepare for and conduct monthly budget meetings
- Assist in the research, application process, and implementation of new grants
- Oversee expenditure and revenue reports
- Analyze historical budgets, state projections, and department need for the future Fiscal Year(s) to assist with budget development for project grants and the overall department
- Assist with contracting
- Monitor and evaluate existing grants/contracts. Offer recommendations to director to improve grants funded programs/activities/processes
- Cross train to provide scanning into the EPIC system, as needed
- Update and organize files
- Enter information on state or federal databases in order to complete and submit required grant reports
- Assist with emergency response as needed
- Training in ICS 100, 200, 700, 800
- Coordinate with the director to oversee and conduct necessary fiscal requirements for emergency response activities.
- Technical Capacity: Equipment uses – personal computer and related software, telephone, printer/copier/facsimile
- Basic accounting principles and practices: Knowledge of accounting software, especially Excel or equivalent. Proficient in computer setups and network systems.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Ability to work in a team setting collaboratively and promote a positive work environment
- Time Management: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Communication Proficiency: Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form. Learn and explain established policies and procedures using judgement and diplomacy.
- Flexibility: Ability to adapt quickly and manage multiple priorities at once.
- Ethical Conduct: Ability to maintain confidentiality, abide by county, state, and federal laws with knowledge of Public Health and County rules,
- Initiative: Ability to work independently and initiate new or innovative strategies to steward funds efficiently and effectively
- Contribution to Quality Improvement processes, including a minimum of one per year specific to Administrative Services
- Completion of timely, accurate and comprehensive financial reports
- Contribution to annual department budget completion
- Completion of annual SEFA report
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This role will include a combination of sedentary desk work, standing presentations, and active group facilitation; some filing, lifting, and carrying may be required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines and presentation equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this jobs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to: sit, stand, walk, lift, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, twist, and bend.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Occasional evenings and/or weekends may be required for events, trainings, or emergency response activities.
No travel is expected for this position
Required Education and Experience
- Associates Degree or equivalent (2years) accounting or finance management experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in general office practice
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates Degree or higher in accounting, business management, or related field
- Experience in Public Health or Healthcare
- Experience with state and/or federal grant financial processes
- Knowledge of EPIC (Electronic Health Record) computer system
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Able to complete a thorough employment and/or criminal history check
- Final candidates will be required to provide official proof of college degree and certified transcripts (not required of all positions).
Safety Sensitive Requirements
This position is considered to be a safety sensitive position
This position is ‘at-will’, and either Crook County or the employee may terminate the relationship at any time with or without cause.
Crook County is an equal opportunity employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.