Executive Assistant to the Court (Not Judicial) Updated 10/15/2020
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - ADMINISTRATIVE COUNTY COURT (NOT JUDICIAL)
All applications must be submitted through the linked provided above.
Reports To: County Court
Grade / Step: 118 / 3-6
Salary: $46,696 – $50,772
The Executive Assistant to the Court provides professional level administrative services and support to the County Court; reporting to the Judge and each commissioner respectively. This role will be heavily involved with various technology platforms and responsible for a wide range of duties including, but not limited to preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, coordinating and managing the Court member’s individual schedules, conference calls and meetings, recording and preparing Court and work session minutes for publication, document creation and management, frequent written and verbal communication with employees and department heads, working with external vendors and providers, and file management; an extensive knowledge of clerical and office procedures and management required.
Intermediate to advanced computer skills and a robust knowledge of Microsoft Suite and commonly used dictation software is a must. In addition to copying, filing, and assisting with data entry, the Administrative Clerk may also assist in facilitating special assignments as needed. This individual must have extensive experience working with the public, excellent customer service experience.
Critical to the success of this role is the ability to maintain sensitive information confidentiality. The position exercises considerable independence of action in routine administrative and Court matters, which often involves handling a broad scope of proprietary and private information. The incumbent must have a thorough knowledge of government functions, policies, rules, regulations, and objectives.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have ability to form and build good working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, and the general public.
- Keeps current with trends and developments related to essential job competencies.
- Provides complex administrative support to the County Court (Judge and Commissioners), which includes, but is not limited to: reviewing, responding to, and screening e-mails, phone calls, and mail; scheduling and coordinating meetings; managing calendar for County Court members; interacting with public officials, external agencies, and/or County staff.
- Assures the Court members are fully prepared for all official and unofficial proceedings with up-to-date information and background data, complete agendas and documentation, and accurate schedules. Provides meeting room support, to include set-up, ordering of meals/snacks, receiving attendance confirmation and/or performing other related activities. Delegates these functions to other County staff as needed.
- Records proceedings from official and unofficial meetings; may attend and perform the same scope of work on the most confidential or sensitive meetings. Records and reviews minutes from proceedings to assure quality and proper grammar.
- Coordinates and manages’ the Judge and Commissioner’s schedules following government meeting regulations. Ensures Court members have all the necessary materials/information.
- Maintains contact with Media, employee groups, professional organizations, legal counsel and government agencies. Collects and disseminates information.
- Performs special projects and prepares various forms and reports on behalf of the County Court.
- Reviews and verifies materials for completeness and conformance with established standards and policies.
- Serves as liaison between applicable support staff, internal departments, and the general public.
- Must have ability to build and manage good working relationships with co-workers, department heads, and County Court.
- Keep current with trends and developments related to essential technology competencies.
- Perform routine clerical duties such as sorting mail, filing, limited scheduling of meetings, coordinating interviews, managing correspondence, and performing extensive data entry.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor/s.
1. Technical Capacity.
2. Ability to organize and prioritize
3. Critical thinking and problem solving
4. Teamwork and Collaboration
- Time Management.
- Written and verbal Communication proficiency.
- Interpersonal skills
- Ethical Conduct.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing, lifting and carrying may be required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; lift; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, twist, and bend.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, working Monday through Friday 7:00-4:00 and / or 8:00-5:00 depending on current scope of work. Additional hours may be required under special circumstances.
Occasional travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an office environment and/or customer service.
- Associates Degree or higher in a business field.
Preferred Education and Experience
Safety Sensitive Requirements
- This position is not considered to be a safety sensitive position
- This position is ‘at-will’, and either Crook County or the employee may terminate the relationship at any time with or without cause.
- Crook County is an equal opportunity employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.