Reports to: Operations Manger
Salary: $11.66 - $12.68
The primary duties of this position are to shelve library materials, conduct regular searches of the library collection to fill holds or locate requested items, process books and other materials being sent and received via the courier, and restore order to items that are shelved incorrectly.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Checks in library materials and routes items to the proper locations, including items received via courier.
- Shelves new and returned library materials.
- Locates and processes items on hold for patrons and staff from Crook County and other resource-sharing partner libraries.
- Methodically reviews shelves and corrects shelving errors.
- Plans or assists in planning and implementing shifting of books and other materials.
- Works with library patrons with a wide variety of backgrounds, capacities, needs, and experiences to direct them to specific areas of the library or an appropriate staff member.
- Attends and participates in library and County meetings, committees, and training/s.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes
- Library organization systems, including Dewey Decimal Classification.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills aimed at staff and patrons of all ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to use standard computer programs and ability to learn to use library-specific software.
- Cultural competency.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and open-mindedness to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong public service mindset.
- Ethical conduct.
This position does not supervise other employees.
This position works almost exclusively inside the library. Individuals in this position routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets as well as library-specific equipment such as barcode scanners, book carts and bins, and crates. Software requirements include basic office applications, integrated library systems, Internet, and email.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and read. The employee is regularly required to sit, stand for extended periods usually not exceeding 3 hours, walk, lift, use hands, and reach. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, push bins and carts up to 75 pounds, twist, and bend.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position is part-time, 20 hours per week. Days and hours of work typically are Monday through Friday but also include some regularly-scheduled evening and weekend shifts.
Travel is not a regular part of this position’s duties.
Required Education and Experience
- One year of high school education or equivalent.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Ability to complete a thorough employment and/or criminal history check.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
Safety Sensitive Requirements
- This position is not considered to be safety sensitive.
- This position is ‘at-will,’ and either Crook County or the employee may terminate the relationship at any time with or without cause.
- Crook County is an equal opportunity employer.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All applications must be submitted through the link provided below